A new TC with UD3 10.05.100 registered to UMS, and it is then upgraded to 10.05.500.
I then rebuilt it with 10.05.100 w/o removing its object from UMS. When TC is up, its “old” UMS object shows green but still at 10.05.500.01, Profiles are not applied and “Files were not yet sent to thin client”. The only way I can fix is to remove the object and empty trash.
Given Desktop group will rebuild machines from time to time and their USB stick might not be up-to-date, how can we manage this?
@member What version is the UMS on? There was a UMS release at the same time as the 10.05.500.
If you refresh the UMS Console, it should also show you the correct firmware version of the device after the “downgrade”?!
@member UMS is 5.09.120 (5.09.110 also behaved the same). I refreshed UMS Console, but firmware level did not change. The only way to get UMS to recognize the “downgrade” is delete the object, empty bin and reboot the TC to re-register.
you can re-register that device via ip scan from ums (Thin Clients -> Scan for Thin Clients -> Set “Include” -> OK).
You can also re-register via cli (rmdb_register -s <server> -p <portnumber> -U <username> -P <password>) , it is what I would do in the case you descripe, if your colleagues are resetting the devices.
Both cases should keep the object in the ums.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘After rebuilding IGEL UD3 with IGEL OS 10.05.100 UMS shows ‘old’ device, only fit is to reregister the device in UMS? IS there another way?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?