Ordered a few RX420s for testing! Yay. But we ran into a issue. When it boots and connects to network the first time (Before Registration) it prompts for a Firmware update. If we we choose continue the update bar apprears and downloads the “System” portion of the update, then reboots. After reboot we are stuck with a gray screen and the curser with no other indications of the OS. What is the restore procedure? I cannot find it or the firmware…
The issue you are seeing is due to ntp not being setup yet. You can get into the rescue shell and add it. Then the GUI should start working.
At least that was my experience when testing
After firmware update you must to clear update options:
Reset Update Parameters to Default
_Clear Update Parameters_
1. Click on the IGEL Start button.
2. Under the System “cog” icon, select Setup.
3. Under the System >> Update >> Firmware Update section, click the circular “reset value” icon in the listed order next to the following:
· Server path
· Server name
Click the Ok button.
Other option is to try to boot on Setup only mode or do a Factory reset (ESC on boot and select the proper option on special menu).
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘After updating IGEL OS RPI4 / RX420 receive gray screen’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”