I have 3 UD Pockets that I tried to update the firmware to the latest firmware and it just freezes at the UD symbol boot screen. I have reset the device to Factory Defaults, no luck. Any suggestions?
What’s the old and new FW version and how do you do the update?
Old was 10.04.100.01. I updated through the UMS, the new is 10.05.500 the type of devices are UC5-LX ac
So you assigned the OS 10.05.500 file to the device or folder and clicked on the “update” command in the context menu?
Afterwards I went into the boot menu ESC and then tried to rest to factory default with no luck.
After doing a verbose boot i discovered that is was hanging at switching to inteldrmfb form VESA VGA.
I then booted successfully using the VESA only boot.
There is an issue with some specific Intel Graphics chipset. I think – at least for UDC – there is a private build available. Did you try the UD Pockets on an other system?
I did and it works
10.05.550 is the private release that might help – igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/C8EQWAPAP/p1549447188022100
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘After updating IGEL UD Pocket it freezes at the UD symbol boot screen’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?