Hi all, I have updated my IGEL laptop to firmware 11.05.120 and now it displays “Update of bootcode ongoing. Do not power off your device!” at every boot. Anybody else seen this behavior? Re-applying firmware does not resolve it.
I’m seeing this on HP Compaq Pro 6300 PC’s. haven’t seen this on the older Pro 6200’s or the newer Prodesk 400 PC’s. Works fine when I roll them back.
Hi Geert, does it work if you reset the device to factory defaults?
Hi Sebastien, factory reset resolves the issue. Also when applying the firmware again. I’ll monitor this behavior with other HP laptops. Thanks.
If you remove the firmware before it finishes installing / updating boot code you may run into this issue. I would recommend leaving the firmware applied to the devices for the version you are running.
I linked a profile with the secure FTP firmware automatic download during shutdown. This profile also adds a start menu shortcut. This time I started it manually via the start menu, perhaps this caused the issue when it also tried during shutdown? After it gets applied the directory rules places the device within another folder.
I would recomend not having the directory rules move it right away, unless you have the firmware applied to that other directory
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘After Updating to IGEL OS 11.05.120 stuck on “Update of bootcode ongoing. Do not power off your device!”‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?