Hi, we have issues after upgrading our citrix storefront to 1912 LTSR. We are using firefox to connect to the storefront url. Since the upgrade to 1912, it looks like the firefox have issues to detect the Citrix Receiver. We have to click on detect Receiver and were redirected to a blank site as shown below. As Workaround we find out that we can just go a site back and press “already installed”.. Anyone else facing this problem with 1912 Storefront? We tested different Firmware and Receiver Version and it happens not just in the older Versions..
Hello Nicholas, we’ve had similar problem using firefox and SF >= 19.03. This issue appears since firefox does not support NPAPI plugins with version >= 33.x
So we’ve switched from firefox to Workspace App for login.
Hello Nicholas! Just in addition to @member, this thread sums up the different workarounds I would show:
This is what I had to do to prevent Receiver detection in Firefox on IGEL (applies to other browsers and platforms) – support.citrix.com/article/CTX209283 — Item 5 under StoreFront 3.x section
Works fine on newer IGEL OS 11 release, You need firmware 11.03.111 and above to fix your issue. It works for me and I’m running 11.03.258.
Just ensure you don’t flush that firefox cache/cookies in your browser profile, otherwise you will see that detect receiver message every single time.
We fixed that problem by editing the storefront web.config and removed the “Linux” from “pluginAssistant”. So for linux clients the detection is disabled with this workaround..
Change <protocolHandler enabled=”true” to <protocolHandler enabled=”false” did it for us. Thanks!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘After upgrading our Citrix Storefront to 1912 LTSR can’t detect the Citrix Receiver with Firefox on IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?