After upgrading to 11.04.100, the icons and font color settings doesn’t appear to be working properly for text under the desktop icons. It appears to just be using “Optimized for dark background colors” no matter what it is set to. Dialog boxes and items in the taskbar appear to be respecting that setting, but the text under the icons are white with a shadow around them no matter what it is set to.
Boy, I have never tried that setting. Interestint, maybe new XFCE, now I have to test
Odd, it worked in my taskbar, but not on the desktop
same thing I am seeing
Same here with 11.04.100 on the desktop – fonts showing up white with a slight shadow – which is unfortunate as my background is quite light. In 11.02 I still had white fonts, but they were outlined in black.
I ended up creating new wallpapers with a dark background
I’m considering a wallpaper swap as well due to this. I found that in my ICG environment the TC doesn’t always get the “Desktop Customization” so for me the swap isn’t 100% reliable.
we’ve had that internally as well. We’ve had some where we have had to remove the customization and re-add it to get them to cooperate, just selecting update desktop customization didn’t help. After doing that, they seemed pretty consistent.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘After Upgrading to 11.04.100, the icons and font color settings appears to just be using “Optimized for dark background colors” ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR