Has anyone seen this before? When upgrading our 2 GB storage/4 GB RAM 10Zigs to 10.04.240 device will appear offline and shadowing won’t work until upgrade is complete. Doesn’t seem to happen for our other models.
From which Fimrware are you trying to update? 2GB SSD is the lowest range of supported (without saying that this is the cause).
11.3.500. I set a profile to reduce the features quite a bit before upgrading.
Hello @member, does the device come back online after the upgrade is complete?
If so, then this is expected behavior. As part of the upgrade process, the VNC server is stopped on the device, and is not restarted until the device is rebooted and running on the new version of IGEL OS.
Yes, it’s strange though as our other models don’t exhibit this behavior.
That may be dependent on resources. If the OS detects that the device may be slowed down then it will stop all unnecessary services while it performs the update.
Some devices, like the latest IGEL UD3 devices, will keep VNC running through most of the process, while others, like older UD2 devices, may shut them down earlier.
Makes sense! Thank you for clarifying.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘After Upgrading to IGEL OS 10.04.240 device will appear offline and shadowing won’t work until upgrade is complete’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?