Hello Everybody – I updated to the newest 11.03.500 build to be able to get access to CPs and I’ve got a few users who now have issues with their monitors and staying in the extended mode. They are either now Not Recognized in Display Switch, or revert to mirrored mode as soon as you log off. My Display Switch profile looks like the image attached to this message. Other than the upgrade I have not made any changes to the entire platform in over a month.
Upgraded profile level to the 11.03.500 build as well.
Any ideas for me? Thanks in advance
not helpful, but we have the same issue with igel os 11.03.500 on dell notebooks!
Yeah I didn’t see any release note changes regarding display detection, and I can’t for the life of me figure out what is going on
can you fix the issue by downgrading again?
Can try, was hoping to avoid that thought!
Nice idea @member but he updated to benefit from the licensing change in the new firmware (CP creation is now integrated for free in 11.03.500+ and doesn’t require extra licensing)
ok. what means CP?
@member can you confirm or check if it is a bug? we are struggling all day long with this issue…
At IGEL, a Custom Partition is simply an extra storage space in IGEL OS where users can add their own files and programs. kb.igel.com/igellinux/en/custom-partition-2275584.html
@member I would highly recommend you enable Configure new displays when connected
I’ve toggled that on and off, and it doesn’t seem to make a difference but I can turn it on permanently
did it change something? i wasn’t successful and we played with all options…
@member have you tested with a lower firmware version?
no, because we have only have a valid module for i915 for ios 11.03.500.
BUT: by accident we saw that the settings are stored for other devices (same laptop model, same configuration). we reset the faulty device completely – but it still doesn’t work for this device.
I ended up resorting to downgrading all of my devices because 90% of our workforce is working remote now and I didn’t have the available onsite time to work on it. I’ll have to revisit when we go back onsite with my test machines. Definitely unfortunate
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.03.500 some users complaining monitors are not staying in extended mode’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?