Hello there! I’m trying to use a smartcard reader through IGEL, but it’s not fully working. Any IGEL profile settings that need to be enabled for a Crecendo driver to passthrough a OmniKey 3121 device?
Hi, can you tell us a little more about your goal and infrastructure? Win or Linux?
Passthrough to Citrix?/RDS/Horizon or local logon? What did you already configured in your profiles?
Windows 10 x64 B1709. Horizon View 7.5. LX_10.04.100_public.zip. HID OmniKey 3121.
When I plug in the OmniKey smart card reader into the IGEL TC, it picks it up correctly. I did enable Smartcard through the USB redirection policy in the Horizon View Session option for UMS. When I load my linked clone, in Device Manager, I see the smart card device. However, I don’t see the additional driver for Crecendo which shows up as a “smartcard” device in Printers and Devices on a physical computer.
the smart card & reader is for something inside the VirtualDesktop or it’s for, like horizon authentication?
I turned off USB redirection in the Horizon View session, and enabled the Smart card setting for “Horizon logon with smartcard supported by OpenSC library.” The OmniKey started working after that. Unfortunately, my USB peripherals stopped working. I’m under the impression I can’t have both settings enabled….am I wrong?
Jason Hwa, it’s for Windows two-factor authentication when inside the Horizon View session.
I would try it again, with USB Redirection enabled, but with standard behaviour „Deny“. Then add an exception for your Reader with USB PID/VID.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Any IGEL profile settings that need to be enabled for a Crecendo driver to passthrough a OmniKey 3121 device?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS