Guys any issue running UMS SQL DB in Azure leveraging docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-paas-index Azure SQL PAAS from On-Prem DB with good links to Azure?
Hi Chris, where is the UMS server located in your case? On Azure too?
UMS server will not be on Azure. It will be on PREM with a 1 Gb pipe in between DC and Azure
I usually don‘t recommend to have the UMS Server and the DB on two different locations…
Make sense, DBA was stating they have done this for many install and have not run into issue, plus you don’t need to maintain servers
Ok, please keep us in the loop, would be interesting to gather your experience!
Tested. I was able to establish connection to PAAS SQL server. Need to do some more testing
We tried this but told it didn’t work for us. Azure SQL PAAS didn’t support the “Default_Database=rmdb” piece in the creation of the database. That was first hiccup. After that we were told that Azure SQL PAAS is not yet supported by UMS 6.03/04. Did you have better results?
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?