Guys any issue running UMS SQL DB in Azure leveraging docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-paas-index Azure SQL PAAS from On-Prem DB with good links to Azure?
Hi Chris, where is the UMS server located in your case? On Azure too?
UMS server will not be on Azure. It will be on PREM with a 1 Gb pipe in between DC and Azure
I usually don‘t recommend to have the UMS Server and the DB on two different locations…
Make sense, DBA was stating they have done this for many install and have not run into issue, plus you don’t need to maintain servers
Ok, please keep us in the loop, would be interesting to gather your experience!
Tested. I was able to establish connection to PAAS SQL server. Need to do some more testing
We tried this but told it didn’t work for us. Azure SQL PAAS didn’t support the “Default_Database=rmdb” piece in the creation of the database. That was first hiccup. After that we were told that Azure SQL PAAS is not yet supported by UMS 6.03/04. Did you have better results?
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?