Dear All, are there any limitation or problems while doing upgrade from Devices with OS10 to OS11 with 802.1x network authentication active? Cause we encounter issues at the moment, device stuck in black screen after 2nd boot
Can you boot into recovery/safe mode and see whether the certificate is still on the thin client? I wouldn’t expect a black screen, though (I’m sure you didn’t, either 🙂 ).
Dear Harald, there was a few bugs on 802.1x. Which firmwares are you using atm.?
@member tried upgrade from 10.6.120 & 10.6.203 to 11.4.270
Ok, the .270 is pretty solid. Can you switch to console with ctrl alt f10 when the device turned black?
not in front of the devices at the moment, will try and send you a feedback
@member attached screenshots from the steps, in the console i ́m seeing a lot of issues
Is your UMS reachable via 8443 in your quarantine network?
@member yes it ́s reachable from staging network. is there a possibility in the console to verify ip address of the client?
thx already know the command, but unable to enter commands. cursor is blinking, crtl +c or esc not working
even if you go to:
ctrl alt f12
ah ok, was in ctrl alt f10, no ip address assigned
Ok, that is the reason I guess… Can you check on DHCP side if the device tried to retrieve an IP?
client has a valid lease, but did you see the screenshot from consol ctrl alt f10. /etc/init.d/network = no such file
systemctl restart network-manager, was working but still no ip
Ok, that’s odd… Does it work if set an ip by hand?
ifconfig eth0 192.168.whatever.youneed netmask 255.255.255.0 up
it seems to be a bug in the 11.04.270 Firmware, if i try with 11.05.120 firmware upgrade will work, but we got following error after upgrade
and on last one, device is on network, and can communicate with UMS, right?
@member yes is on network and can communicate with UMS, after an additional reboot the partitions will be installed, instead of our own custom partition 😞. There is something wrong with the update packages
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Any limitation or problems doing upgrade from IGEL OS 10 or 11 devices 1 with 802.1x network authentication active?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR