Does anyone have a recommendation which scan solution could best be used on an IGEL OS11 with WDS to a Windows Server 2016?
Alternatively pure network solutions without passthrough the scanner in any form.
Thx in advance!
Hi Klauss, the only configuration I have heard of is Fabulatech Scanner for Remote Desktop
Also this boxes are used by customers www.silextechnology.com/connectivity-solutions/device-connectivity
thank you so much!
@member You mean the USB Device Servers?
And that is working stable?
Right. Connect the scanner to the boxes and they’re network connected scanners. I have some customers and they’re fine with them
In the meanwhile I thought it may be better I look for an multifunction printer which has scan-2-mail function. Brother has some interesting devices.
@member Ok good to know that. Price is about 100, I have to think about that…
I’ve been using silex, they work great! Especially on a one to one vm setup. I’ve not tried fabulatech the price is a deal breaker for me 🙁
@member Yes good to know that this silex is running. Yes fabulatech is quite expansive, but this silex devices also round about 100.
Hi Klaus, I made a Custom Partition of XSane wiki.ubuntuusers.de/XSane/ which is a SANE-compatible scanning GUI for Linux. Did you want to try it on a test client to see if it picks up the USB scanner correctly? If so, I can send this to you in a PM.
@member Sorry for the late reply. Problem with that customer is that I have not enough time for “experiments”. So the proposal sounds really good, but in this case difficult somehow.
By the way – to run such an CP – I need enterprise lic? (edited)
Hi Klaus. there will be a change regarding the CP for EMP.
Are there any details?
Yes – CP will be in the normal Workspace Edition. don’t know more at the moment about existing licensing etc. – that will be announced soon I think.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Any recommendation which scan solution could best be used on an IGEL OS 11 with WDS to a Windows Server 2016?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS