Does anyone have any recommendations for people who use VDI? and need to burn (or read) optical discs? For people who are distant from the datacenter, it seems like the data upload and download requirements are quite high for this to work.
You nailed it. Reading disks is pretty straight forward, when mapping or redirecting the Drive, Burning works from my experience only on redirection and in high-speed LAN (100/1000) and with server onsite. Let‘s see what others have to share, but that‘s my experience.
Some customers use network Cd burner stations…
I usually question the need for burning discs in the first place. Usually direct towards an enterprise file sync and sharing tool
You can’t beat physics…
We have gotten away from this practice but in our early VDI days we would set up a dedicated CD burner station in remote sites with access to ShareFile which we used to sync the data to/from the station so it could then be burned locally.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Any recommendations using VDI to burn (or read) optical discs on iGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”