Any server sizing/spec recommendations for the external DB cluster for M/S HA setups? Using postgres fwiw.
Here you go:
Thanks to our awesome advanced services teams, there is an up and running document:
So no specific recs on the size of the database server then? I looked at both of the docs above before asking this but thank you guys. The rec for the DB server per the KB is to consult the vendor documentation and recommendations, but that is weirdly difficult to find. What I’m looking for is CPU/RAM recs for the DB server hosting the cluster.
• Number of registered firmware definitions (listed in UMS Console > Misc > Firmware Statistics) have the largest impact on database size
• Number of devices or profiles have minor impact
• Log entries (event- and log messages, jobs, admin task history, ..) grow over time; make sure to use UMS admin tasks to prune them regularly
• As a Rule of Thumb
• ~15 MB per firmware configuration
• ~100kB per profile (depends on how many parameter are active)
• ~100kB per device
• Reserve 500MB up to 1GB space for database transaction logs for excessive DB calls (e.g. ‚Remove unused Firmware(s)’); this depends heavily on the used DBMS
:man-facepalming: did not notice the attachment was 3 pages… it’s friday and I probably should go take a lunch lol. thank you both!
De nada Zach, enjoy your lunch😁
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Any server sizing/spec recommendations for the external DB cluster for IGEL UMS / HA setups?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”