Before upgrading UMS to the new version, i’m told that there should be no active console sessions because it may cause the database to lock. Any tips/tricks to see active sessions and/or verify there are no active sessions or locks to the DB before upgrading?
On Server itself: search for rmclient.exe / rmadmin.exe processes and terminate them before.
On Clients spread over the world, a command on UMS Server like netstat -avbn connected on Port 8443 should give you all connected clients at this moment but it isn‘t really guaranteed that it is a Console instead of a file transfer from an endpoint.
As an alternative: Stop the Windows Service IgelRMGUIServer and THEN start the update.
Hope it helps a bit!
Oh I guess i should specify that I was referring to HA with an external SQL server. Will this transfer to that type of setting?
On Processes: it doesn‘t matter.
On services: Then add the LB / Watchdog services to the equation but that should be enough.
Ok, thanks 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Any tips/tricks to see active sessions or verify no active sessions or locks to the IGEL UMS DB before upgrading?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?