Has anybody has any success with flashing the igel OS onto a Dell Wyse (Windows Embedded) D0xd – 5010
Hi, just looking at the datasheet dustinweb.azureedge.net/media/165655/wyse-5010-thin-client.pdf
Looks like it should handle it. comes with 2gb of ram on Linux variant
having said that the CPU is only 1.4 ghz, and recommended is 2ghz
try it with a UD Pocket!
@member – i cant get the option to show up to boot to USB even thought the USB to Boot device is enabled
is Secure Boot enabled?
if so, try change to legacy mode
I have several 5010’s running IGEL without issues. In order to convert them (pretty much any DELL/WYSE) you need to go into the BIOS and enable USB booting. Press DEL during startup and enter Fireport (note the uppercase F) as the password. on the Advanced tab set Boot from USB to enabled. I have my boot mode set to UEFI… Reboot and tap the ‘P’ key repedidly to get the boot menu where you can select your USB drive.
Thanks I got it working with no issues now
@member What OS version do you have installed on your 5010s? I have installed up to the latest release of OS 11 but the terminals never fully shutdown. The screen goes black but the monitor never goes to sleep and the light on the front of the terminal never goes off. It has to be manually powered down by holding the power button.
Hmmm, @member I have the newest OS installed
@member you have 11.02.100 installed on 5010s and they work fine?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Anybody running IGEL OS on Dell Wyse 5010?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?