Anyone able to pass the camera through from a Lenovo-X1/Surface Pro 4 tablet to IGEL OS 11.04.240?
I don’t have one by hand but let me ask, does it work locally in the Webcam Test tool and where do you want to use it?
no, IGEL is not seeing it. Thanks for responding.
There is one USB port on this device. I can plug in a USB web cam and the Webcam Test Tool can see it.
Seems like Surface 4 pro Webcam is a bit “special” on Linux… Could you try a Ubuntu 18.04 x64 live stick to check it works there?
Here you go
No Linux Camera support on SP4.
They are some Kernel Feature Reports who were asking for it, so I wouldn’t exclude it forever, so a check on actual kernel might help but there is no quick fix…
But Leanus if you need it, I can maybe test it with a Lenovo X1 Yoga (You mean the built-in camera, right?) and as a IGEL Ready partner, I think you can answer Lenovo ( @member ) for the compatibility or the future compatibility. 🙂
Yes the built in camera. The model that I am using is Lenovo X1 Tablet. Thanks for your help.
If I find time, I focus to do it tomorrow. 🙂 But I can only test the X1 Yoga, is that ok? …and the 11.04.253 also ok? I have not much time for this test, so I can only test it with this firmware version? Should I do this or is there no profit for you? :thinking_face:😅
So… I’ve tested the 11.04.253 with our Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 5 and the built-in camera will be recognized and will be passthroughed. 🙂
that sounds great. I upgraded to 11.04.270 and still no luck with the Lenovo X1 Tablet. Did you have to configure it in IGEL?
The Lenovo X1 tablet may require 11.05 — but will let @member to comment on his testing.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Anyone able to pass the camera through from a Lenovo-X1/Surface Pro 4 tablet to IGEL OS 11.04.240?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR