Anyone experiencing difficulties connecting to your VDI using the blast protocol on a UD3-LX 40cp with firmware 5.13.110.01?
With an older firmware it works, but after updating there is no display rendering. PCoIP is luckily still working fine.
In our View environment, we have 2 types of VDI’s:
1. VDI’s that use a NVIDIA video card driver
2. VDI’s that use the default VMware horizon video card driver
When we connect to our VDI (that uses the NVIDIA video card driver), after updating our Igel to FW 5.13.110.01 and we open the menu of the VMware Horizon Client on the Igel, it stays written on the screen. And at no time, the desktop of the VDI shows up (see attached image)
When we connect to the VDI’s that use the default VMware video card driver, the screen stays black and after a few seconds the connection is lost.
Any help or tips would be welcome!
UD3 40 (M320) is using graphics chipset VIA VX900. H264 hw acceleration should be supported but the Blast engine fails to use it properly and crashes. One way out is to switch off h264 rendering.
Unfortunately there is no explicit IGEL setting to do this in this firmware.
But you can add the following line to a Custom Command:
sed -i ‘s+^__EOF__+view.enableH264 = “FALSE”n +’ /services/vvdm/bin/mandconf
In the setup you find this here:
System > Firmware Customization > Custom Commands > Base Commands
Put the line into the input field called
(Need to reboot twice if you use the UMS to transfer the settings)
Thank you! This indeed solved the issue.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Anyone experiencing difficulties connecting to your VDI using the blast protocol on a IGEL UD3-LX 40cp with firmware OS 5.13.110.01?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS