Hey guys, anyone having success configuring login to IGEL thin client using AD ?
I have done 2 settings under security. Good news is, the login screen appeared but after input the correct credentials, nothing happen. It didn’t show me the desktop as intended. Is there anything else that I need to configure ?
We use AD login on our internal thin clients
What do you have in your profile?
looking at your settings, they all look correct to me, with the assumption above.
oh, wait. I just noticed we had to configure this also:
We thought this would cover it, but until we added a list of domain controllers under Domain 1, we couldn’t get it to work.
We didn’t spend much time troubleshooting why it wasn’t working with the auto discover settings, but I probably should look into it. 😉
What David said – the thin client might not be able to properly resolve what DC to contact just from your domain, so manually specifying your DC names may help
I want to say that Kerberos resolves the KDC (Key Distribution Center, aka your Domain Controllers) by taking the domain name and looking for specific _kerberos SRV records
Thanks for suggestion, let me test and share with you guys the results. It will be interesting to understand how it should be configured
Good news, I managed to get it up running after input the IP address for Domain Controller at Domain 1. Thank you for suggestions
i disabled this option – DNS lookup for domain controller and it is still working
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Anyone having success configuring login to IGEL OS thin client using AD?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”