Hi Guys, Anyone know of a way to send an email when a new iGel is connected up ?
Hi Anthony, you mean more or less instantly? If no, entering a Mail Relay under UMS Administration=>Mail settings, then creating a View that covers that filter and last, creating an Admin Task (UMS Administration=>Admin Task) which send the results of a view via mail, could help!
Instantly: IMI, the RestAPI could deliver that with a few scriptings, I believe. @member, the IMI Guru, might already have done that maybe?
yes you can do something like that with the API and with PSIGEL github.com/IGEL-Community/PSIGEL/blob/master/Docs/Get-UMSDevice.md#example-2
but the interesting question would be: What is the usecase?
You could also accomplish this with a monitoring solution and with custom commands.
thanks guys will check it out … Use case.. is we deploy spare units to our outlets allover the country. we would like to know if they be sneaky and plug the spare unit in and use when they shouldn’t …
Well in this case i would look periodically for the “LastBootTime” of those devices. Either with said API/Powershell function, or just with a view.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Anyone know of a way to send an email when a new IGEL OS device is added to the UMS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?