Has anyone else noticed USB Printing and Scanning stopped working in Citrix VDI following the OS upgrade to 11.04.240? I had everything set per this previous thread, but printing and scanning will not work. The printer shows up in the VDI, but when I print nothing comes out until I log out of the VDI and then it is just garbled nonsense. For scanning, the apps tell me no scanners detected. igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/CBJDENFFY/p1562864266164200?thread_ts=1562854225.155900&channel=CBJDENFFY&message_ts=1562864266.164200
So, no Native USB redirection activated? If it was, please disable it, and retry.
Disabling Native USB redirection seems to allow the printer to print, unfortunately not legible. The scanner is still not recognized (it is an all-in-one device)
Hello Steve, please check that the Native USB Redirection isn’t set for printers. That just doesn’t make sense since it isn’t really reliable: s. attached doc.
On Scanner… That’s tough….
Twain isn‘t a Linux compatible way of access but a kind of pure Microsoft ones, so we can‘t force an integration even if I would be happy to😄
At the moment: USB Scanner is a tough topic…
They are a few ways to get it working, but there is no guarantee unfortunately:
1) use the USB Redirection to get it redirected into the Terminalserver, and install it there:
2) use the sane integration if supported by Scanner and map the scan directory into the session: (System=>Firmware Customization=>Features=>Sane support) and use linux.die.net/man/7/sane
3) Use USB<=>Lan Server: www.silextechnology.com/de/konnektivitätslösungen/geräte-konnektivität
4) use the Fabulatech Scanner Redirection (means a separate license to be bought @Fabulatech).
Thanks Sebastian. For the USB printer I had to change the Manufacturer and Printer Names to point to the model of printer I am using and now it works right.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Anyone noticed USB Printing and Scanning stopped working in Citrix VDI following the OS upgrade to IGEL OS 11.04.240? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR