Anyone else see duplicate profiles in the drop-down list under “Based on”? Any way to get rid of the duplicates/old ones? All of my profiles are based on 11.01.120.01, and I only have 110.01 and 120.01 downloaded and available.
You can remove unused firmwares:
A Firmware is „unused“ when no Endpoint neither Profile is based on.
Hmm, that seemed to remove some of them, but I still have a few duplicates listed. Odd.
So opposite question. Why don’t the new firmware versions I have downloaded show up in the “Based on”…I know I must be missing something stupid…
I believe you have to have at least one device running that FW for it to show in the “based on”
hmm…The last two don’t seem to be showing up after updating udpockets. I’ll verify though.
well…huh. I guess that firmware update didn’t apply. Been awhile since I’ve been in my lab. Guess I’ll get that updated and see if that fixes my issue. Thanks!
@member kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.04/en/misc-26035293.html kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.04/en/misc-26035293.html
Can you check on Firmware Statistics if the Firmwares aren‘t in use?
@member right, @member nailed it. A device must register the new firmware. So having the endpoint updated to a newer version will having it registering the UMS. If it didn‘t: is the device registered to UMS?
I’m getting closer. Any way to find that first one and eliminate it?
No, the first one must stay there, you can‘t delete it.
Really? I have never seen duplicate profile versions before when I go to the “Based on” drop down.
Okay, so what I did was reconfigure all profiles to use that first 120 build, reimaged the single device on 120 to 110, the removed the second 120 firmware. And _now_ everything looks good. Thanks for the assistance, as usual!
The first firmware that is registered into the UMS is a kind of Master Firmware, every newer version takes it as a template and add the new features based on it (not exactly, but kind of). That’s why it stays there even if it’s unused.
Gotcha – thanks for clarifying it!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Anyone see duplicate IGEL Profiles in the drop-down list under “Based on”? Any way to get rid of the duplicates/old ones? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?