Has anyone successfully gotten RUSER to do SSH? I managed to get USER and even ROOT to work (with PUBLIC KEY too!!), but RUSER keeps getting disconnected.
Hi @member a couple of things about ruser. It requires a password which should be set under Security –> Password –> User Account for Remote Access.
Secondly, the ruser account is only allowed to run whitelisted commands. Below are the default commands.
Adding ‘/bin/sh’ and then starting a session with ‘ssh -t ruser@ipaddress /bin/sh’ would allow shell access for the ruser account, but I believe the idea is to provide an account that can very easily be limited to minimal remote functions.
@member Thanks! I had password enabled just not doing the right command…
‘ssh -t ruser@ip’ doesn’t work (Connection closed)
‘ssh -t ruser@ip /bin/sh’ works after adding it to the approved app, otherwise “Error: the requested application is not allowed.”)
@member That is the expected behavior. You have to pass one of the white listed commands when you connect or the terminal session is disconnected with the error you indicated.
Yes, thank you!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Anyone successfully gotten RUSER to do SSH on IGEL?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS