Good morning all…I’m curious, has anyone tried installing the Citrix VDA for Linux in IGEL OS? It would be an interesting exercise to see if that would work in a CP…Remote PC for example. I can’t see a use case for doing it in the enterprise…it would be more of a curiosity than anything.
@member perhaps as our resident IGEL wizard you’ve heard of someone doing it…
I am not allowed to give out their name, but there is a company who makes extensive use of the Linux VDA for their non-IT engineers for Remote PC and remote desktop use. They are probably the reason Citrix invests so much into the Linux VDA.
@member I didn‘t until now tbh. but will ask! From my opinion it feels a bit like the movie inception😌
Can you provide a downloadlink as PM?
for the VDA?
There are Linux VDAs for RHEL/CentOS, SUSE 12 SP5, and Ubuntu. WHich would you like?
Ubuntu, 18.04, x64
On it. I’ll PM a link
oh…thx carl…was working on that too but if you ahve done it already I’ll stop
I’m on vacation and in the dark ages…you wouldn’t believe how slow/unreliable my connection is right now lol
I think Citrix runs Sharefile uploads over a 150 baud modem
lol…I think you may be right.
In the Ozarks…barely any cell service, and the wifi and internet connection are both awful. 4mb down 1 up would be generous. Took me 3 hours to upload a ~256mb zip file last night because it kept timing out.
Ozarks, are you allowed to wear shoes? 🙂
Maybe they are still on the barbed-wire telephone system (whoch was a real thing)
I learned to love ozarks thanks to the Netflix Serie!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Anyone tried installing the Citrix VDA for Linux in IGEL OS? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”