Are the 16gb of partitions the max IgelOS uses right now going to stay the same for the foreseeable future? I am upgrading storage in some 10Zig thin clients. They had 2 gb and 11.04 is too big for them, so I upgraded one to 64gb and I noticed it only partitioned 16gb. If this is the case I am going to find some 16GB industrial ssd sources for cheap upgrades, but if this is going to increase again soon I might look at the 64’s
16GB is more than enough. We have found that 16GB is hard to find / source. 32GB seems to be the easiest to find / source at the moment.
Also, Select enterprise and NOT consumer version since it will give you predictable level of performance and will last longer.
Thank you @member – I want to future proof as much as possible and this info helps.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Are the 16GB partitions the max IGEL OS uses right now going to stay the same for the foreseeable future? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How do I export list of IGEL OS devices in UMS as a CSV?
- How to schedule all IGEL OS devices to reboot at a specific time?