Is there a list of all “penalty” for NOT using the UMS embedded DB and choosing MS SQL or sth. else? Are there only technical penalty or also support related things?
Most enterprise Enterprise customers are moving / using SQL Server (Cluster) for performance / high availability reasons. But I can’t find a real list tbh. I will ask internally.
Beside this obvious arguments, we are recommending SQL Server starting on bigger customer sites (>1K) or where UMS HA is planned.
we (with the help of @member) did just go back to the embedded db for the optimization feature of the embedded DB – since this helped us with an odd problem (still investigating).
It would be interesting to hear what this optimization really does and how to (if it makes sense) achieve the same things with SQL server.
It should be related to indexes optimization, and they are a few SQL Commands I could share, But I will speak with Frank first! I would like to speak to Devs also😄
The reason i put it here was – the optimization feature is / would be even an advantage for going to the embedded db.
Thanks for your infos
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Are there any issues for using a 3rd party database vs the embedded UMS database?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?