Is there a list of all “penalty” for NOT using the UMS embedded DB and choosing MS SQL or sth. else? Are there only technical penalty or also support related things?
Most enterprise Enterprise customers are moving / using SQL Server (Cluster) for performance / high availability reasons. But I can’t find a real list tbh. I will ask internally.
Beside this obvious arguments, we are recommending SQL Server starting on bigger customer sites (>1K) or where UMS HA is planned.
we (with the help of @member) did just go back to the embedded db for the optimization feature of the embedded DB – since this helped us with an odd problem (still investigating).
It would be interesting to hear what this optimization really does and how to (if it makes sense) achieve the same things with SQL server.
It should be related to indexes optimization, and they are a few SQL Commands I could share, But I will speak with Frank first! I would like to speak to Devs also😄
The reason i put it here was – the optimization feature is / would be even an advantage for going to the embedded db.
Thanks for your infos
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Are there any issues for using a 3rd party database vs the embedded UMS database?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”