Hey all. Are there any webcams we should avoid when planning on enabling Skype for business in a Citrix environment? We have had many problems with USB passthrough for ID card scanners and are wondering if anyone out there has had issues with webcams. Thanks!
We’ve used the Microsoft Lifecam (I’m surprised that they don’t make a version for gamers called the DeathCam). However, you don’t need any sort of U.S.B. passthrough for Skype optimization (the Citrix HDX (high-definition experience) RealTime Optimization Pack for Skype for Business) — it’s better without it.
Hey Joshua, A few things summarized:
MMCP installed on Endpoint side when speaking about OS10?
• SfB setting kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.100/en/hdx-multimedia-24385924.html set?
Deactivate the USB Redirection during testing to be sure that the device isn‘t redirected
Is the Skype Media Connector component installed on TerminalServer/-VDI?
• If yes: is the version exactly the same on endpoint / server side?
My best experience is based on Logitech Webcams tbh.
Thanks all. I am assuming it’s installed on the server-side, since our legacy Windows thin clients are able to handle Skype for business video calls on Citrix sessions on those machines.
It needs to be installed on both the guest and the client, but it’s part of the Igel distribution. kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.100/en/using-lync-skype-for-business-with-citrix-hdx-realtime-optimization-pack-24385637.html
Just for info the actual preinstalled version in Igel OS is RTME 2.8 (2.9 is coming soon).
Thanks gents. Got it up and running.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Are there any webcams we should avoid when planning on enabling Skype for business in a Citrix environment on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS