Is anyone successfully using the administrative tasks to assign profiles to thinclients?
Assigning profiles via administrative tasks are shown assigned in UMS but not on the thinclients themselves
Update: narrowed it down to LX10-Devices so far
Update 2: Had some inconsistent results – even with LX4-Devices. I have recreated one of the profiles I want to assign automatically (numlock off) and used this to assign – and it works. I guess I have to reevaluet all my profiles 🙁
Count Produkt-ID Produkt Version
1x UC1-LX ac IGEL Universal Desktop OS 3 10.03.570.01 (Fujitsu Notebook using UDC)
Update: worked as described after reset to defaults ~1x UD3-740 LX IGEL Universal Desktop LX 4.14.300.01~
Update: worked as described after reset to defaults ~1x UD3-LX 50ac IGEL Universal Desktop LX 5.12.100.01~
1x UD3-LX 50ac IGEL Universal Desktop LX 10.03.570.01
x.global.numlock:false (disable numlock)
checked via console with:
(and tested on the device-keyboard)
does not work:
1. created a view to get the thinclients when online
2. made an administrative task for the view from (1) to assign profile
3. waited for execution
4. checked assignment in UMS -> profile was applied
5. console: get_rmsettings (also restart to apply settings) -> OK
6. checked in UMS on the thinclients there is the option applied correctly (numlock disabled)
7. console: get x.global.numlock -> Result “true”, where it should be “false” for “start with numlock on”
1. took away the automatically assigned profile
2. assigned it manually to the thinclients
3. the settings were applied correctly.
i tried 5 different profiles / views / tasks. the thinclients were in a directory with no profiles, the thinclients itself had no other profiles applied.
A: Yes, worked fine for update automation. Did you encounter issues?
Continue reading and comment on ‘Assigning adminstrative tasks IGEL OS via a Profile’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS