At what number of endpoints would it be recommended that HA components be installed on separate VMs. I was looking to use the UMS & LB installed together, but this approach does not seem like it would scale up well.
It‘s hard to give you clear figures, but here is how I explain to customers:
Well, since the HA module is included by default in the WE License, this topic comes quite often. Let me give you my suggestion: 2000 a.e. is a higher amount of endpoints but not such high as it requires a HA. It’s more a question of redundancy. A second thing: it might have a slight performance improvement but only if we speak about the external DB, so HA isn’t required here. So IMHO, you should be good with one server, an external DB might reprensent an improvement!
How many endpoints are you trying to cover?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘At what number of endpoints would it be recommended that IGEL HA components be installed on separate VMs’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?