Users are connecting through Citrix Netscaler and using a Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 which is verified to work by the Igel site. My problem is that the audio isnt coming through and they are getting a constant static sound and that’s it. Any guesses on how i could fix this?
That can be a lot of things depending on the situation and configuration.
Are you using HDX?
Are you doing USB redirection and if so what do your rules look like?
What version of Citrix and what IGEL Firmware are you using?
Yes im using HDX Mutimedia redirection and Igel 11.01.130.0. I have USB redirection on with to allow all in the Igel UMS with a test profile. Also also using Citrix Version 4.9.4000.9
Set to Deny All for USB Redirection
You are most likely accidently redirecting the microphone instead of using HDX
Best practice is set USB redirection to deny all by default and only redirect devices when aboslutely required using VID / PID
We are talking about a UMS setting right? because when i turn off native USB redirection on the UMS profile my webcam doesnt show up.
Sounds like you may not have been using HDX then, which is most likely an issue.
Can you PM me a device export to look at?
I got it! Thank you I did just what you said.
So it’s working now?
Cool, glad it is working 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Audio isnt coming through and they are getting a constant static sound using webcam over Citrix session on IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS