Hi all! I have an audio problem with RDP for some reason! Sometimes audio will play normal but you can’t do anything in the background otherwise audio will stutter or you start the audio stream and it’s gonna stutter from the beginning
I assume the issue isn‘t reproducable on Windows Client or is it?
Does it happen on one specific output (HDMI, Jack, internal speakers, USB Heaset) or on any?
What happens if you change the output during the stuttering, does it work then?
Maybe dumb question, but is enough network bandwith available?
What does the taskmanager (on TS and local) say from a load perspective?
Did you checked the Audioquality and compression setting? kb.igel.com/igellinux/en/audio-2275112.html
Hi sebastian! I am testing right now on jack! There is enough bandwith avalible we tested this at multiple locations
It’s an Linux client 😉
And no Windows client is working perfect
Audio compression and quality i am playing with no result :/
When the stutter start and i will switch output it will continue stuttering
Ok! How does the taskmanager perform? High load or normal one? Oh, and which kind of Audio is failing: youtube, Windows Media Player?
Nederland.fm Nederland.fm just an radio player on the internet
Youtube is same problem
Taskmgr is just normal
On both sides TS/Endpoint? Can you try a mp3 or wav file instead?
Are you using kb.igel.com/igelos/en/multimedia-2720124.html and is a MMCP license installed on your devices?
Bothsideds are ok
And yes i use the link and there is an license 😉 with mmcp
Ok, can you please try an audio file instead?
Lol i didn’t do anything other than switching to my main profile of the customer other then the testing and everything is working fine
Will try tomorrow again
Will call the customer to test it out
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Audio problem with RDP, audio will play normal but you can’t do anything in the background otherwise audio will stutter’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”