Back by popular demand (yes nobody can keep us down) the Community HCL! 🙂 datastudio.google.com/reporting/dc624054-c366-431b-baec-b83aff49180d/page/Xtc3.
Please – feel free to submit the devices you are using. let’s show the world the IGEL Community is best! 🙂
Cool — Glad we were able to fire it back up. I just added the Logitech C930e webcam. Works great on my new UD3 with local version of Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
If everyone can just take a minute or two to add what they have that would really help! 🙂
Nice to see the form still works 😅
How can i add a device and how do i have to test?
Succefully tested an HP 470 G7 with 11.04.100
Testing — Key items include (Networking (wired / wireless), Laptop (track pad, camera) — VDI sessions (Citrix, Microsoft WVD, VMware, AWS, Frame, Thinlinc, etc.).
Go here and select submit devices — datastudio.google.com/reporting/dc624054-c366-431b-baec-b83aff49180d/page/Xtc3
@member please use this form www.igelcommunity.com/hcl-submit. THANK YOU!
I’ve been testing with a Samsung Chromebook 4…no dice so far. The hardware should work fine its just getting past how locked down they are. Can’t find a way to do it that isn’t risking bricking the kids school device lol
Need to get to developer mode … something like this… www.howtogeek.com/162120/how-to-install-ubuntu-linux-on-your-chromebook-with-crouton/
have done that…but the process has been enough for me to say this isn’t a great device for using in a prod environment with users
also…you get the scary “dev mode” or “unprotected OS” prompt. I’ve found ways it looks like you can get around this with custom firmware but again…not a path that seems likely for a prod environment
scary for end users that is
Yep… For these reasons, Chromebooks should not be proposed for IGEL production use. UNLESS the BIOS can be updated / replaced.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR