I have another question that. When I deploy an IGEL to a user at home and the iGEL connects to ICG. what is the best option for updating the firmware on the IGEL? Should it go back to our UMS server or is there an IGEL server that I can point the iGEL?
You need to setup somewhere to serve the firmware from (SFTP, s3 bucket, etc).
external reachable http(s), ftp, sftp, webdav (f.i. owncloud) server will do.
some examples here: www.igelcommunity.com/igel-firmware-updates-guide
We are currently using one of the free S3 buckets. It takes our external IGEL devices about 3-4 minutes to download and install firmware updates vs about 15 minutes from our UMS server
Thank you Barry, Falk, and David for your quick answers.
Happy to help!
we’re all in this together
SFTP is probably easiest to implement if you’re a Microsoft shop with no AWS presence. Server 2016, IIS, and some PS cmdlets and you’re off and running.
You mean FTPS, SFTP is via SSH server, which is easy to set up as well .
Yep, I definitely meant FTPS. That’s like USB drives, 9 times out of 10 you try and plug it in the wrong way.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Best option for updating the firmware on the IGEL OS at home’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS