I have another question that. When I deploy an IGEL to a user at home and the iGEL connects to ICG. what is the best option for updating the firmware on the IGEL? Should it go back to our UMS server or is there an IGEL server that I can point the iGEL?
You need to setup somewhere to serve the firmware from (SFTP, s3 bucket, etc).
external reachable http(s), ftp, sftp, webdav (f.i. owncloud) server will do.
some examples here: www.igelcommunity.com/igel-firmware-updates-guide
We are currently using one of the free S3 buckets. It takes our external IGEL devices about 3-4 minutes to download and install firmware updates vs about 15 minutes from our UMS server
Thank you Barry, Falk, and David for your quick answers.
Happy to help!
we’re all in this together
SFTP is probably easiest to implement if you’re a Microsoft shop with no AWS presence. Server 2016, IIS, and some PS cmdlets and you’re off and running.
You mean FTPS, SFTP is via SSH server, which is easy to set up as well .
Yep, I definitely meant FTPS. That’s like USB drives, 9 times out of 10 you try and plug it in the wrong way.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Best option for updating the firmware on the IGEL OS at home’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?