Hi, we have a lot of UD2 (even some new UD2) in a Citrix Environment. More and more people want to watch youtube and other video content on their published server desktop. Is there a best practise to solve this problem? Browser Content Redirection is very slow on the UD2s, open the Youtube Stream in the citrix session puts a lot of cpu and network usage on the terminal server (no gpu acceleration).
BCR is probably the best approach, else consider GPU accelerated backends. Also additional vCPU anf memory ressources on the virtual servers might help. On the network side switch to EDT (HDX over UDP).
Hi Michael! On which firmware are you testing the BCR stuff?
@member UD2-LX 40 with 10.06.130.01
@member UD2-LX 50 with 11.03.110.01
Then you should be good. Just as a helping hand, I’m following this guide when troubleshooting: support.citrix.com/article/CTX230052
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Best practice to watching YouTube videos in Citrix sessions on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?