What’s the best way to migrate UMS Server to a new VM inclusive all ThinClients so they only need one reboot to connect to the new UMS without any system reset or sth. else, is this possible? Thanks!
covers basically everything, I would say.
The most important things are:
having a full backup made in UMS Admin(https://kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.03/en/with-the-same-embedded-database-21994155.html) and restoring it on new machine
pay attention if you use HDCP 224 or DNS Alias, that this topology settings needs to be adapted to your new server
Don’t forget to adjust custom background / firmware path’s after the migration.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Best practices for migrating a UMS Server to a new VM so devices only need one reboot to connect to the new UMS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?