I need to migrate my UMS server from 2012 R2 to 2016. I know what once the IGEL’s are registered with the UMS the CA’s are very tricky. Anyone have any ideas or experience with this? I don’t want to upgrade the existing UMS server, I want to create a new server, install UMS, migrate the DB, and then be all set. Thanks for all who read and contribute.
Hi Brian. Nothing easier than that: kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.02/en/migrating-a-ums-server-16458721.html
I’ve done it myself just a few days ago on Linux and everything was migrated.
You’ll see two UMS in UMS Administration under “server”. The new (green) and the old (red) one. You can delete the old one.
Worked for me in the past without issues – when correctly migrating the server certificate and using dns alias or dhcp option to point to the UMS server
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Best practices for migrating IGEL UMS from Wihndows 2012 R2 to 2016?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?