Can anybody explain to me how the UMS determines when or when not a device is booted via ICG?
If a ICG device is connected on an internal network which can contact the UMS w/o ICG,but can still reach the ICG, is it still booted via ICG? What is the procedure here?
My understanding is that in more recent releases IGEL OS tries to connect to UMS first and if it can’t, then tries ICG.
We have default directory rules setup based on that criteria and it works well.
Does such a rule “Last Boot not via ICG” then include non ICG devices, that obviosly are not booted via ICG? How ist the “administrated via ICG” part determined?
Just in short @member only if this registry Setting is enabled
ah, right. Forgot about that setting.
@member if the device can’t reach UMS but has an ICG config: it will start through ICG. If the setting I sent before is not, set it will still try ICG, if no DNS / DHCP Option gives him a UMS.
follow up question – what does the enable_icg setting do / what is it for?
There you could disable any kind of UMS over ICG Connection and keep UMS Only connections.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can anybody explain to me how the IGEL UMS determines when or when not a device is booted via ICG?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS