Hello, I am testing the Firmware 11.04.200 and am currently looking at the chromium browser. Is there a way to tell the chromium browser to open ica files directly with the citrix receiver instead of just downloading them? If I use Firefox it works but we would like to use Chromium to connect to the citirx netscaler website as we can run it in app mode with no url and icon bars. Thanks.
@member it might be possible to modify the file-type handlers for Chromium. However, if you just need to have a full-screen session with no URL/toolbars then Firefox can do this too! 😉
Check out Sessions / Firefox Browser / Firefox Browser Global / Menus & Toolbars
Remember Chromium is still an experimental feature for IGEL OS so not everything will work perfectly
Hello David, we want to use Firefox with all features ie. for a home office user to call a speedtest website for troubleshooting or take a look at our website if there are known problems. Therefore two different browsers. We want to swtch to web based authentication for our home office users as we have trouble with one provider in germany that the login windows of the citrix receiver does not show up (testet different login methods already). Instead of the login window we evaluate the option to open a browser window with much reduced user interface.
Ah, your last message did not show up before I posted my answer. We will take a look at other options as well.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can Chromium browser to open ica files directly with the citrix receiver instead of just downloading them on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?