I am new to the IGEL platform, considering to move from Wyse.
It’s not clear to me whether the below functionality is available in IGEL OS:
Is it possible to set an IGEL thin client to dashboard/kiosk type in such a way so it automatically connects to public Citrix Workspace URL (e.g. “firstname.lastname@example.org) and auto logs in & connect to an application using Azure AD authentication?
This is required in the company I work for, so the clients in our remote & international offices without access to our internal network, can automatically connect to internal Citrix apps via Citrix Workspace, using Azure AD authentication.
If not, is there any other way to achieve this with IGEL clients?
Yes that’s possible.
One possible way is simply configuring the local Firefox browser for kiosk mode and it auto launching to your public Workspace URL
Thanks Carl for a quick reponse.
Just to confirm, will the client automatically log in to the Azure AD logon prompt with the preconfigured credentials and then start a defined Citrix application?
That’s the issue I have with Wyse clients – they now support Azure AD auth. but are not able to pass credentials to the Azure AD logon prompt, so they cannot be used as dashboards when this type of authentication is used.
Hi David, sorry being late on your question😖
The standard logon process could looks like this (Azure AD answer will come separately):
Thanks Sebastien 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I configure IGEL OS thin client to dashboard/kiosk type to automatically connects to public Citrix Workspace URL?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”