Anyone know if it is possible to convert UDP licenses over to UDC with the new licensing model? We purchased UDP’s for devices that didn’t have a large enough internal HD to install on. We are replacing them all with UD2’s and I would like to install on the internal hard drive vs having a USB stick on them. Curious if anyone has done this before?
Hello I assume by UDP you mean the UD Pocket Devices. Older Pocket devices (OS 10) have a built-in license and I don’t believe you can transfer them. If they are on OS 11 and have an WE license, you should be able to release the license on the license portal and reclaim it for a UD2 device.
Yep – an IGEL OS 11 license is portable and working on any IGELized device.
yes, UDPocket. They all are OS 10 right now, but our understanding is that we can convert them all to OS11 based on the timing of when we purchased them.
Yea, but they would still have the embedded license, which cannot be transfered
You can only transferred them if they were purchased with OS 11 with a separate WE license
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I convert IGEL UD Pocket licenses over to UDC with the new licensing model? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS