Can I create a UDP stick including an eval license using the OS Creator tool or in any other way? I want to “prove” something here and want to prepare a stick tonight if possible. If the end result is positive, I might be able to sell many Igel OS licenses over here.
yes, basically you can install Igel OS using OS Creator on nearly every USB Stick (USB3, 4GB, please). Just keep in mind, that the license (in contrary to an official UDP) will be bound to a Mac address instead of the Sticks Unit ID.
ok, then I can’t use it 😞 need to be able to boot a machine that I can grab quickly tomorrow morning that is known/allowed already in 802.1x and from which I now don’t know the MAC yet. Will create a bootable linux stick with citrix client in it then.
well, is the device then able to access the internet (after 802.1x)? If yes, you could fetch then a test license directly from the First Run Wizard.
ahhhh, I will give that a try here so I can do the same tomorrow, guess I will need to reflash the stick if I tested it on my laptop first isn’t it? And… I used the OSC many times, never really focused on if it said “create UDP”. is that oneif the options there during the Wizard?
Just use a USB Stick, connect before starting OSC, then choose the USB Stick instead of the HDD as target in the Conversion wizard.
No, only remove the License is enough, will send you the commands as PM.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I create a UDP stick including an eval license using the IGEL OS Creator tool or in any other way?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”