We are in the process of moving into a new building with a brand new infrastructure. We are having to upgrade our iGels to OS 11 and installing a new UMS(6). Our old environment is using UMS5 and most of our present devices are end of life (so have had to purchase new ones). The question I have is am I able to export the Profiles I have on the old UMS (the main one which is based on IGEL Universal Desktop LX 4.10.100.01) and import them into the new UMS? Thanks
Basically yes, you can export every kind of Profile and import them in a new UMS:
Create Archive+include affected firmwares
2) New UMS: System=>Import=>Import Profiles
and then Update the profiles to a newer version like 10.05.800
3) Right click on Profile folder=>Update Firmwareversion
But keep in mind, that it might be a better practice to import them as a reminder but recreate them with a new firmware.
@member So 10.05.800 will be the starting point to upgrade to OS11? Is possibly to jump straight to OS11 from 10.04.100 via USB update?
@member : yes, you need to start with this version. Well, yes, but here we are speaking about a „re-imaging“ of the device and not properly speaking upgrade. You could use the OS Creator (which is used for converting endpoints to Igel OS), and reflash the device.
On upgrade: you need the transition firmware 10.05.800
So it would be a 2 Step process on the partner side. 10.05.800 USB upgrade then OS11 upgrade. @member
10.05.800 and OS11 updates (Firmware Updates) can be provided as usual (S)FTP(S)/HTTP(S)/File(also USB, yes), but yes it needs two steps.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I export the Profiles I have on the old UMS and import them into the new UMS? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS