I have seen a few IGEL tutorial videos that look like the IGEL OS has been virtualized for testing, is this available to use as a resource?
I use the OS Creator to install IGEL OS on a VMWare Workstation VM. With the right MAC-Address set you can use the NFR licenses (WE and EMP) to use all features. Like this you have a virtual IGEL endpoint for testing, debugging and for documentations.
NFR Licenses: See Channel community-nfr
I’ve installed the Igel O.S. on VMware and KVM/Qemu virtual machines using the standard U.D.C. for testing, and it works, at least for my purposes.
Just yesterday I recorded a screen-session to introduce IGEL to our service desk team. And another to show how to set up and configure endpoints from scratch. Pretty neat to have it all on one screen (UMS Console, IGEL OS etc.) with virtualization. And I’m glad there is this thing called NFR license. It’s free and pretty much everything can be tested/documented before you have one single physical endpoint or bought one single license.
That’s right, making using documentation and training support is another good use case for a virtual thin client.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I install IGEL OS in a virtual environment for testing?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?