Hi all! Does anybody know if it’s possible to install UMS Server on a Win 10 Pro x64 device?? According to www.igel.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Readme-5.09.110.txt the only supported environments are Windows Servers. Does anybody have any experience with this?
It should work. Install it and you know for sure 😉
Yes, it works but not officially supported 😀
Hi guys thanks for the replies! This looks promising 🙂 It seems my co-worker already installed the UMS, but i run into many errors along the way 😮 that’s why i asked. I will have to check all his doings to figure out why this install fails. adding clients results in error can’t connect to remote manegement console, adding profiles results in error no firmware in the database, downloading firmware results in error no clients added. I fear he didn’t read any KB. Is it still necessary to install the libraries for 32bit support before installing the UMS, like kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt/en/installation-under-windows-4252565.html advises?
Good point, since we moved to x64 UMS it shouldn‘t be necessary anymore. Did you had a look on our step by step guide also?
Thanks again Sebastien! Yes first thing i always do is grab one of those great guides. I’m walking through the steps now to see where my colleague went wrong. Looks like he forgot to add DNS entries, which is consistent with the error that clients are unable to find remote management console.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I install IGEL UMS Server on a Win 10 Pro x64 device?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?