Currently trying to spin up a virtualbox instance of igel os, how do I install the Guest Additions? When I run the linux script it tells me `Kernel headers not found for target kernel 4.19.85` (The reason I am asking is because I can’t get my VirtualBox shared folder to show up in IGEL OS so I can’t install a license)
I might be wrong, but from what I recall, the manual installation of Kernel Headers/VB extension isn‘t supported for the moment. Will check later on.
Hi @member not sure if this helps but I was able to take a UD Pocket and convert it to a vmdk and then I created a vbox VM with the vmdk ( using the following command )
does the UD pocket have linux headers included?
You cannot intsall the vbox additions. There is a set included in the OS, however they are fairly old. I know they were updated in 11.03.(something) I can’t remember if it was 100 or 500
Wasn’t the extension that were updated meant for running IGELOS inside a Virtualbox?
I think they updated the tools too. I used to have resize issues and it was fixed during one of the recent releases. I thought I saw a note about the change, but I would have to look. Way early here and still haven’t got through my first cup of ☕
I might have misunderstood you @member and Christopher could have the right answer. Are you wanting to run Igel OS inside a VM (Virtualbox) or are you wanting to run a VM (Virtualbox) ON Igel OS?
igel OS in Virtualbox
Then, I got you wrong. I mixed up with igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/C8WEVHWH2/p1591546514159100
So @member it does not have the “guest” additions for VirtualBox. I think there are ways around getting the license onto though? I was able to license it. Is that why you want to put in the guess additions?
well besides licensing I also want a better workbench for developing custom partitions
for the licensing I dumped the file onto a private gist and loaded it from there; can’t do the same for binary blobs as easily I would assume
Not sure if VMware Workstation would work in terms of loading their guest extensions into the IGEL OS. Perhaps would have same issues
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I install the VirtualBox Guest Additions in IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS