If I want to access to my Thin Client running IGEL OS without going through UMS, is there any other alternative ? Can I install VNC software on the Thin Client and then connect it using VNC Client from my personal laptop ?
If you had the Remote Shadowing enabled, like here:
you could easily connect without using the UMS Console, in addition, you might replace our own VNC Viewer by your own if that fits better:
Got your settings but I am not sure if I understand it well. What I want to achieve is to allow support engineer able to login to IGEL Thin Client without UMS. Meaning, I can use VNC to login to Thin Client to assist end user if they have issues.
On first link: with a profile like in the KB you set the VNC Server to be configured AND started on the endpoint. After that you can use your own VNC Client, use IP/Hostname:0 and the Password you defined to connect. No need to use UMS Console there: s.a.s.
Last Link, was meant in case you want to use your own VNC Client inside the UMS.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I install VNC software on the IGEL Thin Clients and then connect it using VNC Client from my personal laptop?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”