I have a Win10 snapshot. Can I risk installing that snapshot on a device that is the next generation of the device the snapshot was taken on or is that a surefire way to brick that device?
You mean a UD5 Snapshot on a UD6 a.e.?
In general yes, on IGEL Snapshot ones on custom ones, it should😄
No, sorry had to make it a bit more clear. In this case it would be a Lenovo M720q snapshot on the new Lenovo M70q device.
I guess you used the UMA, Unified Management Agent, right? No, unfortunately that might function but is not supported officially.
Yes, via the UMA. So at my own risk then. Got it.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I install Win10 snapshot on next generation of the IGEL device?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”