Not sure if this has been asked before, but for our remote sites, is it possible to have the thin clients pull firmware updates from a local server rather than all coming back to the data center?
you can use local http or ftp server, also you can use a buddy update (thinclient to thinclient)
Can UMS handle distributing to the remote repositories or is that a manual process?
I think I understand what options there are through UMS, Im just curious as to how other people handle it.
i think most people put the update source to where the best bandwith is. we utilize the standardsource on the ums for our main site, have http service on our larger external location and use buddy update in our smaller locations (the buddy updates from the central site)
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I it configure IGEL OS to pull firmware updates from a local server rather than the UMS in the datacenter?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?