Not sure if this has been asked before, but for our remote sites, is it possible to have the thin clients pull firmware updates from a local server rather than all coming back to the data center?
you can use local http or ftp server, also you can use a buddy update (thinclient to thinclient)
Can UMS handle distributing to the remote repositories or is that a manual process?
I think I understand what options there are through UMS, Im just curious as to how other people handle it.
i think most people put the update source to where the best bandwith is. we utilize the standardsource on the ums for our main site, have http service on our larger external location and use buddy update in our smaller locations (the buddy updates from the central site)
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I it configure IGEL OS to pull firmware updates from a local server rather than the UMS in the datacenter?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”