I haven’t tried yet but can I replace the default 2 x 2GB RAM modules in an M350C with larger ones? The Ryzen R1505G supports up to 32GB. (4GB is fine for VDI but doesn’t get you very far if you want to run a web browser on the device itself.)
Yes, you can in general but would result in warranty lost if not made in factory. I had 8GB on my UD6.
But in combination with VDI, I didn‘t see a big difference.
Great – I’ll follow up here when I get around to trying it.
I put in 2 x 8GB and it booted up just fine. The system only reports ~14GB available. The other 2GB are presumably reserved by the GPU.
Exactly! This Shared Memory setting is usually available in Bios (del key on boot).
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I replace the default 2 x 2GB RAM modules in my IGEL Thin Client with larger ones? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?