Guys, I have a client that has a load of wyse thin clients and a load of old windows machines that have been set to Kiosk mode using ThinScale. I’d like to move all endpoints to one solution. Would I be able to reuse / manage the Wyse devices using IGEL UMS? (Not sure if it’s possible to throw IGEL OS on them) cheers
Hi John, you can convert Wyse clients to IGEL.
See here the above link for Wyse clients that are officially supported by IGEL
Most likely yes
What model of Wyse clients?
You can also use the UDPocket to preserve the previous build.
Yes, did a same kind of conversion for a customer with a lot of W7 computers and some “annoying” Windows HP T630 TC’s. 300 pieces and now they wished they started sooner with Igel OS 😇
Sounds promising, guys. The units in question are Dell Wyse Thin 3040’s, cheers
Have a nice weekend 🍻
3040s are on the supported list
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I reuse / manage the Wyse devices using IGEL UMS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?